Support My Semester in Russia

Hi, my name is Zoe Zamora. I am a Junior at the University of Kentucky, majoring in Russian studies and minoring in history and vocal performance. I started studying Russian last fall and loved it so much that it's now my major. I grew up in a Russian church, so this major is sort of like coming home for me. I really love the language and culture of Russia and want to learn all I can about it.

This fall, I started applying for study abroad programs that would help me improve my Russian. I was accepted into the American Councils Advanced Language and Area Studies Program in Vladimir, Russia for the Spring 2017 term. This is a prestigious program that has been sending students to Russia for almost 40 years. You can learn more about the program here. As a student in Vladimir, I will be studying Russian and Russian culture everyday by participating in classes, cultural excursions, and a homestay. I believe this program gives me an opportunity like no other to immerse myself in the language and culture of Russia and to begin to master my Russian.


Please consider donating to my study abroad fund by going to https://www.gofundme.com/helpzoestudyabroadinrussia.


I will be sharing stories and pictures from my time abroad here on this blog, so don't forget to subscribe and check back in late January for my first updates from abroad!

Comments

Popular Posts